Chat With White House Director of Political Affairs
We've just been joined by Sara Taylor, White House Director of Political Affairs, to discuss the next election cycle.
- Only 6% of voters vote "split ticket", despite a third identifying themselves as independent.
- Iraq- and economy-specific approval numbers have both rebounded roughly 10 points recently.
- Recent left-of-the-aisle excitement about their 2006 prospects appears to have been premature.
- Still, historically, 2nd term Presidents have not done well in their second midterms (Clinton added, but most do not).
- GOP is stronly poised to maintain bicameral majority.
- 36 Gubernatorial races (including 22 held by GOP incumbents).
Captain Ed asked whether the White House is grooming anyone for the top of the ticket in 2008.
Tim Chapman asked what legislative agenda items the President is focused on in the coming year.
The Patriot Act, energy, healthcare, the economy.
Karl Rove just walked in...
Handcrafted by Flip on January 9, 2006 |
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Chat With White House Director of Political Affairs: